Cosby Spring sports begin this month, with first day of tryouts on Feb. 20. (**This is President’s Day and a Holiday for teachers and students). Below are the START TIMES for the various teams (recommended that you arrive at least 30 minutes before the listed start time!) **NO STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO TRY OUT WITH OUT A COMPLETED and SIGNED VHSL PHYSICAL AND CONCUSSION FORM. Click for link to VHSL physical form! Click for CONCUSSION FORM
- Girl’s Soccer – 2:30 to 4:00 PM – Upper practice fields!
- Boy’s Soccer – 2:15 to 4:15 PM – Report to field house!
- VARSITY (ONLY) Baseball – 11:30 AM – Report to the field house!
- JV Baseball: EIGHTH and TENTH GRADERS – 12:00 PM – Report to baseball bleachers near ticket booth at stadium! NINTH GRADERS – 1:30 PM – Report to baseball bleachers near ticket booth at stadium!
- Softball – 1st group, all returning players and any 11th and 12th graders, 12:00 to 3:00 PM.
2nd group, all 8th graders and any 9th or 10th grader not on the team last year. 2:30-5:00. – Report to the varsity field inside the stadium complex.At this time, everyone should report to the field. Please check back for changes in case we have inclement weather.
- Girl’s Lacrosse – 3:30-5:30 PM – Upper Practice Fields. Tuesday at Cosby 4-5:30 then Wed at River City 4-5:30
- Boy’s Lacrosse – Monday and Tuesday at River City from 3-5pm (likely run a little long) 2/20 – Monday Field #4 2/21 – Tuesday Field #11 2/22 – Wednesday at Cosby HS 3pm til dark
- Girl’s Tennis – Monday 2/20 = 11 AM to 1 PM / Tuesday 2/21 = 3:45 to 5:30 PM / Wednesday 2/22 = 2:00 to 3:45 PM.
- Boy’s Tennis – Monday 2:00 PM
- Outdoor Track – Does not start until MARCH 6th – Practice after school at Track!
**DO NOT DROP/PICK UP YOUR CHILD IN FRONT OF THE TICKET BOOTH – WE CANNOT HAVE TRAFFIC BLOCKED ON A MAIN ENTRANCE ROAD – Thank you!