Good Evening Team!
As many of you have heard, I have taken the helm of the Titan Golf Program from Bobby. Thank you in advance for your patience as I pick up the reins. We will have a Team meeting on Wednesday, July 12 at 6:30pm in the Magnolia Green Welcome Center.
We are just over a month away from the start of our season! As many of you have experienced, there is no ‘fast forwarding’ the experience you get from practicing, playing and competing. If you haven’t started spending a few hours at least 3 days a week working on your game, keep in mind that August will be here sooner than you think! In addition to a new coach, there are a few small changes from last year in how our athletics administration is doing things:
- The concussion and physical forms are found on the website Cosbytitansathletics.com. Click on “Titans HQ”, then “Often Used Forms”.
- Athletes need to have both forms properly filled out and turned in to you BEFORE ANY PRACTICE OCCURS.
- Athletic handbooks are no longer in print form.
- A copy of the Handbook is found on the website as well – Under “Titans HQ” and “Athletic Handbook Information”.
- Parents will need to visit the website, review the handbook, and then fill out a Google Form to acknowledge that they read, and understand the policies put forth.
- This MUST be completed by parents BEFORE your first match, or the athlete cannot participate.
THINGS YOU MUST DO BEFORE AUGUST 1 (prior to our first practice/day of tryouts):
- Parents must visit the website to review the Athletic Handbook and fill out the acknowledgement form.
- Parents must also print out, fill out, and hand in the other two forms under “Athletic Handbook Info”:
– Athletic Insurance/Risk Acknowledgment Form
– Sports Medicine Medical Form (For Ed Metzger – ATC)
- Turn all four forms into me (Physical/concussion/Risk Acknowledgment/Sports Medicine)
**There will be a parents meeting for all sports the week of August 7th, specifics TBA by our Athletics Director.
2017 Cosby Titans Golf Team Tryouts (August 1st thru 3rd)
- August 1st will be a qualifying round. Tee times start at 1pm. To make it to the next round, golfers must shoot at least 55 or better.
- August 2nd (1st round). We will be playing 9 holes. Tee Times start at 1pm
- August 3rd (2nd round). We will be playing 9 holes. Tee Times start at 1pm. The top 11 and ties make the Varsity Team.
The prospect of high school golf is exciting! Please note that 8th graders are not allowed to participate on a Varsity Team per VHSL policy. Cosby does not have a JV team.
If you would like your child to work with Coach Albaugh as their instructor, she would be happy to discuss a plan for their development.
If you are trying out for the golf team this year, we will need your shirt sizes by July 10th. The price for (2) shirts and hat this year is $80. This is required if you are going to try out for the team.
Please plan your vacations before August 1st, as our in season schedule begins that day. Once we are in season,Monday thru Thursday vacations will not be permitted for Varsity players.
Leighann Albaugh, PGA – Head Coach – 804-349-3350 – email@example.com
Ellis Gibson – Assistant Coach – 804-651-6194 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Course – Magnolia Green Golf Club – 804-639-5701×3