Preseason open gyms:
- Wednesdays beginning April 10th from 5:30pm – 7:00pm. There will be some nights we extend to 7:30pm, all schedule changes will be updated via Cosby Boys Volleyball Twitter account. @CosbyBoysVBall
- Any athlete participating in open gyms must have a valid physical on file with Cosby High School. Physicals must be updated with concussion forms beginning in June.
- Full Summer open gym schedule will be released at a later date
- April 10th, 17th, 24th
- May 1st, 8th, 22nd, 29th
- June 12th, 19th
- July 10th, 24th, 31st
- Tryouts will begin Monday Aug 5th (5:30-8pm). Tryouts will last between 2 and 3 days. Prospective athletes must pass 5 out of 7 classes and have a current VHSL physical to tryout. Players must attend all tryout sessions to be considered for a team.
- Players will be evaluated on their WORK ETHIC, ATTITUDE, COACHABILITY, VOLLEYBALL SKILLS, ATHLETIC ABILITY, and PHYSICAL CONDITIONING.
*All weekday vacation plans * need to be completed before Monday Aug 5th.
Players are expected to attend ALL tryout and practice days.
- Practices 8/8 – 8/23 (5:30 – 8 pm)
- Practices 8/26 – 8/29 (5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- Practice 9/2 (7 – 9 am)
- Practices on school days (5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- All Players will need a current physical and concussion form (Dated May 1st, 2019 or after) completed on the VHSL physical form.