Preseason open gyms:
- Wednesdays beginning April 8th from 5:30pm – 7:00pm. There will be some nights we extend to 7:30pm, all schedule changes will be updated via Cosby Boys Volleyball Twitter account. @CosbyBoysVBall
- Any athlete participating in open gyms must have a valid physical on file with Cosby High School. Physicals must be updated with concussion forms beginning in June.
- Additional Summer open gym schedule dates will be released later
- April 15th, 24th
- May 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- June 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
- July TBD
- Tryouts will begin Monday Aug 3rd (5:30-8pm). Tryouts will last between 2 and 3 days. Prospective athletes must pass 5 out of 7 classes and have a current VHSL physical to tryout. Players must attend all tryout sessions to be considered for a team.
- Players will be evaluated on their WORK ETHIC, ATTITUDE, COACHABILITY, VOLLEYBALL SKILLS, ATHLETIC ABILITY, and PHYSICAL CONDITIONING.
*All weekday vacation plans * need to be completed before Monday Aug 3rd. Players are expected to attend ALL tryout and practice days.
- Practices 8/5 – 8/21 (5:30 – 8 pm)
- Practices 8/24 – 9/4 (5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- Practice 9/7 (7 – 9 am)
- Practices on school days (5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- All Players will need a current physical and concussion form (Dated May 1st, 2020 or after) completed on the VHSL physical form.
Matches will begin the week of Aug 24th. Schedule will be distributed when it is released from VHSL