Preseason open gyms: Due to the closing of schools, preseason conditioning and open gyms are cancelled until further notice.
For updates please follow Cosby Boys Volleyball Twitter account @CosbyBoysVBall . You can also sign up to receive alerts from this website and you can follow Cosby Athletics @Cosby
- Any athlete participating in open gyms must have a valid physical on file with Cosby High School. Physicals must be updated with concussion forms beginning in June.
- Tryouts are tentatively set for Monday Aug 3rd (5:30-8pm). Tryouts will last 3 days. Prospective athletes must pass 5 out of 7 classes and have a current VHSL physical to tryout. Players must attend all tryout sessions to be considered for a team.
- Players will be evaluated on their WORK ETHIC, ATTITUDE, COACHABILITY, VOLLEYBALL SKILLS, ATHLETIC ABILITY, and PHYSICAL CONDITIONING.
*All weekday vacation plans * need to be completed before Monday Aug 3rd. Players are expected to attend ALL tryout and practice days.
- Practices 8/5 – 8/21 (5:30 – 8 pm) **Tentative
- Practices 8/24 – 9/4 (5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- Practice 9/7 (7 – 9 am)
- Practices on school days (5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- All Players will need a current physical and concussion form (Dated May 1st, 2020 or after) completed on the VHSL physical form.
Matches will begin the week of Aug 24th. Schedule will be distributed when it is released from VHSL